1. The current transformer is opened twice, which generates high voltage and burns the current transformer;
2. The service life of the current transformer is too long, the insulation is aging, and breakdown or discharge occurs locally, resulting in overvoltage;
3. When the current transformer is connected to the contact surface of the aluminum row once, the oxidation is too heavy, the contact resistance is too large, and the current transformer is burnt out due to heat;
4. The user is overloaded.
Being able to analyze the cause of this situation, then the solution is not difficult to find.
The main countermeasures for the current transformer burnout are:
1. Install circuit breakers to prevent branch failures from affecting the entire line power outage, especially to ensure that branch circuit breakers can reliably trip;
2. Connect the current transformer to the back of the circuit breaker to ensure that the circuit breaker and surge arrester operate correctly to remove the fault when the transformer fails;
3. Strengthen the high-voltage insulation test of user current transformers and lightning arresters, find the degree of insulation aging of transformers and lightning arresters as soon as possible, and replace them in time to avoid the occurrence of power outages caused by transformer burnout;
4. In addition, it is necessary to regularly clean the user's equipment once to reduce pollution and avoid lowering of insulation.